Foreign construction corporation is looking for Welding /NDT Engineer to work at their construction site in Khanh Hoa Province.
- Confirm all relevant drawings and documents for welding work.
- Instruct the applicable code for WPS, Welder/Welding Operator Qualification, PWHT to Subcontractor.
- Take remedy action if welding defect rate increases over some extent.
- Monitor welder performance and provide corrective action when performance issues arise.
- Check the first operation for welding in accordance with relevant erection drawings.
- Check the welding quality randomly by visual.
- Provide weld related training to all welders, fitters and assemblers as required.
- Confirm all relevant drawings and documents for inspection work.
- Advise the applicable code for NDT to Subcontractor.
- Instruct the erection subcontractor’s NDT contractor to follow the company’s judgement criteria especially for RT and check if they make judgement of acceptance complying with it.
- Understand the cause of welding defect by reviewing RT film and instruct the erection subcontractor to take remedy action specifically.
- Check that NDTs have been conducted to all weld joints which NDT is required.
- Support company construction groups’ effective implementation of all inspections in accordance with the relevant ITP and ensure adherence to all procedures.
- Control NDT work progress and take action to catch up if schedule delays.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in mechanical, science, welding, or metallurgy engineering.
- Having minimum five years of experience in QA/QC, NDT, and welding work.
- Previous experience in PAUT (Phased Array UT) and RT.
- Having certificates of welding and NDT.
- Having Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credentials.
- Having knowledge of general steel fabrication practices, particularly welding and heat treatment
- Thorough knowledge of relevant manufacturing codes including the ASME Section I, VIII, B31.1, AISC codes and AWS D1.1.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Fluent in English skills
Apply online or feel free to contact me directly for more information about this opportunity. Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.