Our client, engineering & construction company provides high quality products in a safe manner in line with the plant project requirements.
The Welding /NDT Engineer shall take responsibility of both of Welding Engineer and NDT Engineer.
As the Welding Engineer, confirms all site welding works are carried out complying with the relevant standards, procedures, plans.
ü Confirm that all the documents such as, but not limited to, PQR, WPS, PWHT procedure, WQT procedure, weld map, welder control procedure, welder list, welding defect control procedure, welding material control procedure and method statements related to site welding activities are in place before commencement of the work.
ü Comprehend Company standard of welding work and control the erection subcontractor’s welding quality.
As the NDT Engineer, confirms that Company’s products are inspected in accordance with the relevant plan and procedure before they reach the owner.
ü Inspect the intermediate and or final product to make sure it has been erected /installed /mounted /welded in accordance with the approved inspection measures with compliance to the approved standards and meets owner’s expectations.
ü Understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards the owner.
ü Confirm all the documents such as, but not limited to, site quality control plan, ITP, NDT plan, WQT plan and method statements related to inspection activities of the construction work are in place before commencement of the work.
To fulfil the responsibility, the Welding / NDT Engineer encourages that the erection subcontractor manages the welding and inspection work complying with the approved plans, procedures and requirements under QC Manager’s support.
- A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in mechanical, science, welding or metallurgy engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in QA/QC, NDT and welding work in power plant industry.
- Have previous experience in PAUT (Phased Array UT) and RT.
- Strong numerical skills used in an engineering context.
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans.
- Have the certification of welding and NDT.
- Have Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credentials or demonstrated ability to achieve the certification.
- Have knowledge of general steel fabrication practices, particularly welding and heat treatment.
- Have knowledge of materials (heat treatment, testing, service applications) including carbon steels, low alloy steels, 9Cr steels and duplex stainless steels.
- Have knowledge of relevant manufacturing codes including the ASME Section I, VIII, B31.1, AISC codes and AWS D1.1.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluent in English skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Apply online or feel free to contact me directly for more information about this opportunity. Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding