Research of CPS/IoT technologies in Social Infrastructure Systems
- Investigate recent technology on edge processing of machine learning (AI) algorithm, which is applied to social infrastructure system (roads, railroads, factories, etc.)
- Clarify requirements and negotiate with team members during the project development phase. (JLPT N3 level Japanese will be required when assigned to workplace)
- Undertake feasibility studies of wireless controls and use computer simulations to evaluate performance. (programing skill and knowledge of networking will be required)
- Demonstrate troubleshooting, analytical and solution planning skills to identify and resolve programming and edge devices. (Program debug skill required)
This position may require domestic/ overseas business travel about once a year from 4th year onwards, for meeting with subcontractor at Toshiba Software Development Vietnam (TSDV), Toshiba’s related company etc.
- Master’s or higher degree in Communication Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or Statistics
- Basic knowledge on computer architecture, feedback control, network engineering and statistics.
- Programming experience using MATLAB, C, Python, R and the like.
- Knowledge and skills in FPGA or ASIC hardware design.
- Knowledge and skills of machine learning and computer architecture a plus
- Experience in Embedded microcomputer a plus
- Experience in technical presentation at a conference a plus
Required Japanese Language level at workplace
- It is desirable to be able to read and write some Japanese (JLPT N3 level) when assigned to workplace
- Business instructions of our group are almost all in Japanese
- The researcher is expected to be able to communicate with related division in Japanese in the future (from 3-5 years later)