A leading foreign commercial bank from one of the Japanese largest financial institutions, providing a wide range of wholesale banking services to top tier corporates through branches in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
- Providing legal advices to other departments and Management in relation to banking law and other relevant laws;
- Drafting, reviewing, translating legal documents;
- Legal briefing and legal research;
- Communicating with and reporting to Head Office and/or local authorities where necessary;
- Handling of disputes and/or litigations when necessary; and
- Establish, maintain and supervise the compliance framework and systems to be in line with Head Office and Legal regulatory requirements.
- Prepare compliance reports, compliance risk assessment, compliance action plan;
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the compliance program/ projects;
- Conduct compliance trainings;
- Summarize laws and regulations governing or relating to banking operations with acumen analysis of their impact on the bank’s business operation, and suggested action to be taken;
- Provide advice on compliance matters of the Bank;
- Follow up with other relevant departments of the bank on the implementation progress of local requirements and other compliance activities to ensure sound compliance by the whole bank;
- Deal with matters stipulated by local regulators, and issues detected or raised by internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor Degree in Law;
- At least 5 years of working experience in Legal and Compliance function in banking sector and/or law firms, preferable international law firms;
- Good drafting and advising skills;
- Strong analytical skill to assess potential risks to identify and design solutions for complex legal issues;
- Fluent in both English and Vietnamese with excellent communication skill for interaction with the Government, the Judicial system and negotiating parties;
- Good time and task management skills.
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws;
- Annual bonus and company trip;
- 18 annual leave and 6 sick leave per year;
- Professional working environment.
Apply online or feel free to contact me directly for more information about this opportunity. Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.