Our client, engineering & construction company provides high quality products in a safe manner in line with the plant project requirements.
Our client needs HSE manager to operate the construction site.
Health and Safety
- Set up HSE group at site to implement company’s HSE plan and oversee day-today HSE activities, including preparation of monthly HSE reports to client;
- Manage erection subcontractors so that they ensure their workers are carrying out their works in line with HSE Plan and the project’s policies in an efficient and safe manner as directed to reduce the risk of incidents / accidents;
- Conduct a full safety investigation and gather the evidence necessary to identify the root cause of an accident and what procedures may have been wrong in case an accident occurs;
- Advise site manager and site engineers of any unsafe conditions or violations of HSE requirements, whether actual or potential, and remedial action required including immediate stoppage of activity;
- Manage erection subcontractors to ensure risk assessments with job safety environmental analysis are implemented prior to work commencement.
- Review the HSE performance reports and monitor reports from the security contractor with regards to compliance to contract commitments, the national regulations and standards, including those relating to security;
- Review the HSE monthly and annual summary and report to the Line Manager
- Manage erection subcontractor ensure management related to environmental issues such as hazardous substance management, management of waste, environmental emergency plan, noise mitigation management, transportation and traffic mitigation, air pollution control, chemical spill prevention and response plan and so on;
- Manage erection subcontractor’s performance of environmental tool box training meetings with all workers and maintain reports with the record;
- Conduct annual audit to assess that erection subcontractors comply with the environmental requirements, and identity areas and/or practices for improvement;
- Identify environment related permits and licenses that are required for the operation of the site;
- Develop and maintain a register of HSE related permits and licenses and keep relevant documents; and
- Submit the monthly and annual security report, meeting minutes and training records to Site manager;
- Analyze the trends and root causes of grievances related to construction activities;
- Report the implementation of engagement activities including grievance procedure to site manager;
- Report to site manager on engagement activities and grievance resolution implementation progress on the frequency directed by site manager;
- Monitor the erection subcontractors’ performance of stakeholder engagement and grievance redress;
- Ensure that erection subcontractors secure their construction tools, equipment and materials; and
- Report any loss of tools, equipment, materials or other breaches of security to site manager as soon as they are discovered;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, HSE, environmental management, or equivalent.
- With relevant health and safety training certificates (third party) from reputable organization, this should be in line with local requirements.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in the field of health and safety preferably
- With knowledge and skill of implementation of an HSE management system complying with Vietnamese law on Occupational Health and Safety, on Construction, other applicable Vietnamese local HSE regulations and requirements.
- Preferably with a technical competence in analyzing the pro-active reports and deriving the systemic causes for improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.